Sometimes a person will come across a song that truly inspires them. That is what happened with "Young Blood" by The Naked and Famous. It did not have a great impact right away. I first heard it almost two years ago while watching the snowboarding documentary The Art of Flight. I instantly wanted to be on a mountain riding through knee deep powder. I wanted to be Travis Rice. I quickly went to download the entire album and I fell in love with the group. My inspiration quickly faded. Whether it was a sign of living in Colorado or if I just started to forget, I do not know.
It would take a long time for me to listen to the song again. About a week ago, I heard through a playlist while on a very tough 6 mile run. My pace quickened. My heart was lifted. At mile 4.5, I felt like I could run 20 miles. It is important to know that I have never run 6 miles at one time in my life. When I reached mile 6, I felt amazing. The BEST run of my life.
It didn't end with the run. It was shortly after this that I found the the video by Matt Cutt . I was truly inspired. The song is about being young and still being able to grow. While I am not old, I have started to see the effects of getting older. It has weighed on my mind. An attitude change was needed. I found it with a song. I no longer felt old. I felt reinvigorated. Alive. Happy.
Music has the power to move us. To motivate us. That is the beauty of music. You never know when inspiration will hit you. I did not expect it when this song came across my path once again. All I know is that I am happy it did.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete