Friday, July 5, 2013

A New Beginning

Every so often I come across an idea. One that strikes me so strongly that I feel the NEED to follow this idea. To really make this idea mine. The problem has always been that I have always found TOO MANY ideas. Too many new activities to try. Too many hobbies. Too few days in my life. I would feel so overwhelmed by the ideas that I would not try any of them. This would ultimately lead to me getting that discouraging feeling in my stomach. The one that makes you feel as though you are not worth it. Everyone knows this horrible, extremely negative feeling. Well I stumbled upon an idea that may very well help me in my quest to do as many NEW things as possible. 
Recently, many of my friends have been inspired by the 30 Day Challenge. Doing something new for 30 days. Or subtracting something for 30 days. So, I researched it a bit more and came across this video.


As you can see, I was also inspired. I began wondering. I began dreaming of things that I have always wanted to do but never felt that I had the time or the will power to do. Then I had my own idea. One that is based off the 30 day challenges but with a slight twist.

I have decided to tackle two separate 30 Day Challenges every 30 days for exactly 1 year. Hence my clever blog title 30x2x12. To adapt this idea to me further, I added a extra layer to the challenges I choose. 

A few years ago, I was fortunate to come across an organization that truly changed my life. The American Youth Foundation gave me a new way to look at my life and how I live. The AYF believes in living a balanced life with a motto of My Own Self, At My Very Best, All The Time. There are four folds to each of us; Mental, Social, Physical, and Religious. Those folds mean something different to everyone. The idea is to have those folds live in balance of each other in order for me to discover my Best Self. This is extremely hard

To help me do this and to vary my challenges, I have decided to have each challenged be based within a fold. That means that, with 24 total challenges throughout the next year, each fold with have 6 challenges. 

Now, I have no idea what every single challenge will be. I have my first two challenges chosen. Those will be detailed in my next post. However, I would like some help with the rest of the ideas. I have created a Google Doc to help with this brainstorm of ideas. It is open for anyone to add to. PLEASE help me come up with ideas. 

Life is short. It is a cliche, but that does not make it any less true. As Matt Cutts said, "The next 30 days are going to pass whether you want them to or not." It is true and I, for one, plan to make those most of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment