My current Guilty Pleasure is MTV's The Challenge.
I cannot get enough of this show. It is the most insane show on TV. Some of the people on this show are pure EVIL. Fights are a regular appearance. Sex is constant. Lying and cheating is expected. It is Survivor on steroids.
What sets this apart from Survivor is the cast. These are people who have made a career out of being on the Real World. Seriously. Professional Reality Stars. They actually exist. I know, unbelievable. The amount of negativity that is on this show shocks me. Truly shocks me. One of the "Challengers", as they are called, has been on the show a record nine times. That means for the past decade and a half, he has been making a living off of treating other people terribly and getting rewarded with money. Unreal.
So, why do I watch it? Shock value. I truly never know what they are going to do next. At the same time, the show is completely predictable. Every week, someone will pick a fight. Someone will cry. Someone will talk about how tough they are. Someone will say "OH MY GOD." Someone will call someone a "Bitch". And someone will blame someone else for their misfortune. Despite all of that, I am always surprised by the things these people will do.
So, who is the fool? Me or them? Probably me, but I really don't care. I love it. You can't tell me that there isn't something in your life that you are ashamed to love. Don't be ashamed. Embrace the love of your favorite Guilty Pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment