Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Reflection



I felt it was time to do a bit of an update on where my Challenges are. It was a rough week for my 30 Day Challenges. I missed days. I lost some motivation. My goal was everyday. My reality is not that. 

Physically, my body gave out on me. Not necessarily due to biking to work everyday, but it was a factor. My back was in pain. My legs constantly tired and sore. I missed a day of riding my bike to work. I felt like a failure, which is something that I truly am not. 

My blog suffered. Motivation being the number 1 factor. It is extremely hard to make time everyday to write something new and interesting. There is no clear focus to my blog. Just me and my thoughts out on the page. Mediocre. I lost the want to write everyday. Once I miss one day, it was a lot easier to miss the next day. Snowball effect. 

This morning I found myself needing to go get some milk to enjoy my wonderful breakfast of Reese's Puffs. Yes, I love them. Love them a lot. I love eating them with my morning coffee. A ritual that I actually really enjoy. It relaxes me on my days off. Without it, my morning seemed less than enjoyable. So I started brewing my coffee and made my way to the corner store. 

As I walked, I found myself rushing. Walking extremely fast to get back to enjoy this ritual I have come to love. The walk was uncomfortable. I slowed down. I was moving too fast. Instantly, I began to breath. I felt free. The rush to get where I was going clouded the actual experience of getting where I was going. Once I slowed down, I was able to notice things. The cool morning air. The dew on the grass. The usual feeling of Autumn in July. The people out and about. The freedom I felt. 

The moments like these breed the best sort of reflection. I started to look at the last week and did not see failure. I saw a learning experience. I love to write. I love to bike. There is a way back to making this experience valid. Fight back. Fight to prove myself. I have one week left. In this one week, I will bike to work everyday. I will write extra blog posts to reach the 30 post goal. This challenge is what I make of it. Nothing else.

Sometimes it is very important to remember....Slow down, your moving to fast. Got to make that moment last.

No comments:

Post a Comment